Saturday, September 21, 2013

Why bloggers must have a community: The essence of BlogCatalog [video & post] - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing

Why bloggers must have a community: The essence of BlogCatalog [video & post] - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing


I began blogging over a year ago at ZipMinis.com, and the loneliness I felt writing stunned me. Especially in the beginning, I felt alone on a blank page. And, even once published, a hollow lingered. The reason is that the act of writing is a solitary business. Where are my readers and how will I find them?

It doesn't have to be, but for me and many others it is. I feel most lonely when writing the first draft at the keyboard, the reader not present yet, only a ghost, a wisp of air. I am filled with doubt as I punch out each word, and behind that doubt is the question: Will they like me?


No comments:

Post a Comment