Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A blogger's ultimate guide to avoid looking stupid: Punctuation [infographic] - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing

A blogger's ultimate guide to avoid looking stupid: Punctuation [infographic] - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing

As a university professor of English, my students moan and groan when I mention the topics of grammar and punctuation. The reflexes of fear, dread, and disgust are guttural and instinctual.

I feel the intense collective downer that I release upon the classroom, and I always regret having mentioned the words at all. The collective classroom mind slams shut.

Punctuation is a matter that we always screw up. It's necessary to simplify as much as possible, for my own sake. I need punctuation to be easy because I look stupid when I mess something up.

And, punctuation is important to help readers glide through your writing with ease. Used skillfully, punctuation makes you a powerful communicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment