How to use the neuroscience of optimism to empower employees - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing
Optimism eludes me this morning as I look out my window and see fall already intruding on my brief summer here in Rexburg, ID. I find it challenging to enjoy the winter and hope for the spring, when eight months of cold awaits me.
Optimists would see the beauty in the reds, yellows, and oranges of autumn, but I only see the death of cells and life.
But the trees aren't dying, merely going through a cycle, and perhaps optimism lies in seeing the cycles of life. The seasons are a metaphor of optimism, the green promise of future rejuvenation masked in temporarily in red. If you can see the world through this lens, it actually changes your body and brain.
Optimism is a positive or hopeful outlook for the future, and it is connected with your stress levels in interesting ways. Specifically, optimism affects the level of the stress hormones in your body that can reek havoc on your health.

No comments:
Post a Comment