Friday, August 23, 2013

A gang rape in Mumbai, India: Calling out cowardly men - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing

A gang rape in Mumbai, India: Calling out cowardly men - ZipMinis: Science of Blogging and Writing


You know that I have a fond feeling toward our brothers and sisters of revolution in India, and I desire close ties with them. In pointing to flaws in this piece, I point to a human depravity, rather than a specifically Indian one, but my plea is to all males to find our higher selves. Incidents of gang rape are becoming a disturbing precedent, where innocent victims of the highest order of humans, women, are abused and tortured beyond the imaginable.

My mind cringes to think of recent horror stories, too terrible to handle in detail. The New Delhi incident entered the news again in March, when one of the suspects in the gang rape and murder of the young woman hung himself in his jail cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment