I am skeptical of Zig Ziglar's quote, despite the fact that he is the guru of positivism. The act of dreaming up something does not make it possible.
For example, I can dream of being President of the U.S., but circumstances do no exist where this would be possible (within reason). This is an American Dream as well, that functions differently depending on the circumstances.
I like the idea of dreaming and hoping for the future, and I would agree that dreaming makes something more likely to happen. The last part of his quote, I am more likely to agree with. I believe that happiness comes through kindness to other people.
However, I am speaking of happiness not "you will get all you want in life." If all you want is happiness, the kindness and empathy are the surest routes. I don't understand why this is, but in human beings, our happiness is caught up in the lives of other people and how we treat them.


No comments:
Post a Comment